Tuesday, April 30, 2019

April 8, 2019 - Mission week 92: The Band of Brothers

So before i even start to talk about conference, i gotta say other things or I'll forget. I get typing and then... pffftt

SO I got roped into the ward choir for the same reasons I always do. And we as missionaries have been asked to watch some new safety videos called THE SAFETY ZONE which are really really funny. 
And I finished Isaiah, and let me say that the last like 20 chapters really are probably what they mean when they say that one gets a better understanding of the Atonement of Christ when you read Isaiah, since thats the 'good stuff' so to say. Really recommend you go read that. 

OK CONFERENCE. 
honestly, as you could guess, Every missionary here was going nutzo about potential conference changes to the missionary program, but since getting my flight plans I had been in the party of "its not happening" and lo and behold. It didn't. but regardless, this was probably what I would say is the best conference I've participated in. It was soooo good, I didn't take a ton of notes, since I like to watch, but I cannot wait for the Liahona so I can get INTO these talks, they were all (havn't seen Sunday afternoon yet) so good.  A few things I got from it really
  • Give people the Front Row seat of your life
  • Where is my Heart?
  • Priesthood playbook
  • the second coming is near
  • REPENT YE REPENT YE
  • Don't get distracted by good
  • Go for it. 
But that's all i really wrote, but I loved President Nelsons talk, Repentance has been something I have really been striving to do more of, and this was just answers to prayers honestly, not just his talk, the whole thing. 
I don't really know what else to say, I want to say more, I just don't know what

Things are still good here in Montana, still slow, but we making headway a bit. 
Transfer Ends on the 16, and then its my last Full transfer since i'm leaving 2 weeks early because of the mission president change. So things be crazy
I love Africa.
I love the Church
Yes, that was my mission president annouced as an area seventy, yes he will finish his time as mission president.
Yes i know the band of brothers, i've met 3 or 4 of them, I've been to, but not served in Mochudi, and all that happened like 10 years ago, so I wasn't here for it. But because of the band of brothers they were able to create Botswanas first stake, which led to the creation of this misison 7 years ago. So thanks to those great men. 

Thank you
kthanksbye

No comments:

Post a Comment