Wednesday, January 9, 2019

December 30, 2018 - Mission Week 78: Profound "New Year" Email.

2018 has not seen a day of me not being a Full-time Missionary. and now 2018 is over. 2019 will see my Return to America. So that's weird. I remember always thinking "I go home in 2019" but now it is 2019.
I found a nice missionary scripture. Moroni 7:31. Pretty much outlines the purpose of The Church of Jesus Christ, since it is, in the end, a missionary Church. So go read it. 
Holiday week, so we haven't really been able to do a whole bunch, but we did have some pretty good lessons. Finally found a Father led family, my second of my whole mission. Guy named Henry and his Wife Grace. They are very self relent, live by the chapel, and are looking for a new, true church, So super happy about that.

I've never been one for poetry, but I heard this in a Hank Smith Devotional I listened to recently. 

Out of the night that covers me,
      Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
      For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
      I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
      My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
      Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
      Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
      How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
      I am the captain of my soul. 


And I just think that is a perfect thing for the New Year. We have control over our own fate. God has given us that power. So just GO. Believe in Yourself and Do what you dream of, become who you want to become, God will help you if you ask Him and Follow His Guidance. 

So there is my New Years inspirational Speech, thank you all for attending the conference, refreshments are at the back. 

kthanksbye

(sorry no pictures, this is the only email place open and these computers run Windows xp slower than ever)

No comments:

Post a Comment