Tuesday, November 20, 2018

November 6, 2018 - Mission Week 70: Kanye East with Elder Kobe Dibetso.


So I was wrong, I'm in Kanye East, not Kanye West, but I am with Elder Kobe Dibesto, so that's still something. I like this guy, he's way funny and wants to work, he's only got this and the next transfer left, so he's pushing through the finish line. 

We wen't really in our area a ton, the new guys didn't get up here from Pretoria until Wednesday night, and between Monday and then we ran up to Fransistown 5 hours north to do some car stuff. Over this week I have driven about 1200 K's. Had a lot of fun though, this area doesn't have a ton going on right now but we are gonna change that. Work with members is where we plan to start, we need referrals, and we need men who can hold the priesthood. (usually the biggest hindrance to church growth is lack of men)

I don't really have tons to talk about today, or really a ton of time to talk about it. I'm a day late because of power outages all day yesterday. 

I'm living with more than just my Comp for the first time on mission. With Elder Norton, who just finished training and is now District leader and training Elder Kuerth. Elder Norton is from Mesa Arizona and Elder Kuerth is fresh from Utah. We're having a good time, and we have a deal going where whoever looses at Uno has to do dishes, so life's good. I've only had to do them once. 

The Work here in Kanye 1 is much slower than in Kanye 2, mainly due to members "lukewarmness". So we are holing a missionary fireside on Sunday to try and Jump start peoples involvement. We are expecting and praying for a big turn out. 


I'll try to send pics, but this internet is spotty. 
  • Mosiah 26 is a very powerful chapter on forgiveness and I recommend everyone apply it with themselves in mind. 
  • Super Spiders get Doomed at The Kanye Flat
  • that's all I got. 
thank you for the support and Emails.
Have a good week

Kthanksbye





No comments:

Post a Comment