Monday, December 25, 2017

Witbank (A.K.A eMelahleni) - December 4, 2017



There are white people here! lie 50% of the town is Afrikaans, (the white people) and so at church yesterday it was super weird for me to have there be white people other than myself. But good news, I'm feeling somewhat betterer. Honestly even though being sick has sucked, I have never really been "bummed out" about it. Maybe it's the prayers and blessings, but I have stayed pretty positive, and "lifes good". I'm companions with Elder Roberts now, and Its not as hot back here in South Africa, so that helps.

but, monday was nothing special other than what I said last week.
Tuesday we drove down to transfers, but in our car the one guy who knew the way, sent us the wrong way, and we ended up in the Durban South Africa Mission, so that was a problem, then we found our way and drove to Pretoria and got there only 6 hours late. Transfers take forever since this mission is the size of California to Colorado. People have to fly to parts of it, since the drive would take so long.  but then we made the companion swaps and me and elder Roberts drove to the beautiful town of Witbank. Things are so green and its all rolling hills here. A nice change from the Flat, brown desert of Botswana. 

Wednsday- Saturday we met with many members, its kinda a haze, and I left my journel at the flat, so woops, but long story short, white people and many dinner appointments.  There are many strong investigators here, the one you'll probably continue to hear about it kenny, but he is just awesome, but needs to get some chastity stuff in order, the usual problem. 

Sunday was nice, we had to conduct the music and elder roberts and I gave our testimonies. We didn't have many people come to church, and this is a Branch that used to be a ward, but due to the extreame racism of a certain number of members when the made a white guy 1st couceler, it lost enough members to downgrade to a branch. so we are working on building it back up to ward status. 

All things concidered, Witbank is awesome, it's a huge area, and there is a lot of potential, and its an actually developed city. Life is good. There is this stuff i walways see at stores called, I <3 mayo, which is a frozen desert, that I thought was litterally frozen mayoneise, but its pronounced maw-yo, and apearently is africaans for yogurts, so its just frozen yogurt, which is much less disgusting. Also random thing, Since KFC was started in Utah, and there is a KFC on every corner here, ive been wondering if Colonel Sanders was a member. Yeah.  Also i hit 5 months tomorrow. 

The Spirit truely is the Comforter. This is a hard thing, and its harder when your sick, but through the power of the Atonment i have been able to push through with a smile on my face. I will continue to do my best untill i'm done. As someone said in their testimony yesterday "Don't stop when you are tired, stop when you are finished"
kthanksbye

A picture of me "when the revelation for our area hits" here it witbank





Our district in botswana. 



A picture from the Drive back from Botswana of Botswana

No comments:

Post a Comment