Sunday, November 12, 2017

Heber J. Grant is a pretty neat guy - November 6, 2017

Bread

 Our Flat



 A bunch of baby duck and the guard swans a member has



a picture a member took without me noticing. I need a haircut, but most people turn me away because "we don't know how to cut white people hair, we dont want to mess it up, and it might ruin our clippers since its so long"


Happy birthday Addie. totally forgot it was halloween since no-one here even knows what it is.
So a few matters of buisness or whatever.
When is daylight savings so I can adjust my home clock, i have now been out 4 months. Heber J. Grant has inspired me ( more details in main body ) this ward is having a primary program next week, and it is forever managing to get hotter.
But Monday, was nothing again. P-days here are boring since my comp doesn't want to do anythign and the closest other missionaries are an hour away.....
Tuesday was Not Halloween. zero spooky spirit. But the zone leaders spent the night at our flat on there halfway point to the mission home for a meeting. they told us that zone conference will be the 19th and we are getting to Seventies, Elder Palmer and Elder Neilson (not The President of the Twelve). So that will be cool.
Wednsday, met with a recent convert named Torquil and his fiance Veronicah, She has crazy problems with anxiety that we are trying to help her with, and thats been going well. met some more members and saw some new investigators. 

Thursday we "Tracked down" one of our investigators who moved named Kefeletso, and taguht here, she was trying to get us to come, but lost her phone so we couldn't find her, but we met her brother on the street and he gave us directions. Finished the Elder Bednar Question Book of Mormon Challenge thing for the first one. The Question was 'how can I comfort those in need?', started it in the MTC, finishing it was powerful, those last chapters of Moroni are always my favorite. Started the next one with the question, 'How can I Always Remember Christ?' just hit Lehis Vision. 

Friday,we had a pretty normal day, and after meeting with a family who lives about a 20 minute drive away ( our area is like 45 min wide) they gave us directions for a faster way, but they forgot to tell us one of the turns and we took a 20 minute detour down a fun, but very bumpy dirt road through absolutely nowhere, in a Hyndai I-20, look it up and tell me if it seems like a nice offroading car, since its not. 

Saturday, met with our investigators mom, who is very much "We have got Bible, and there cannot be any more Bible" Kind of person, but she wants us to come back and keep talking to here, so well see how that goes. 

Sunday, had Fast and testimony, lots of strong members in the ward. When we got home after getting fed/ checking some families, I was reading 'Teaching of the Presidents of the Church: Heber J. Grant" and I have been inspired by his quality of persistence and teachings (i read the whole book already) to do some real self improvement. Many of you know I am a very obsessive person. I generally don't have a problem doing the things i set out to do, assuming the involve other people/ are for others. but when it comes to fixing the problems with myself I am aweful at actually doing it. Those who have spent a long time around me know that I will Obsessivly talk about somethings and then never do them. So im gonna fix that, turn the 'curse' of my obsessiveness into a blessing of persistence. and i've set a few goals. starting small. one thing is im actually gonna start to consistently exersise, and two is im gonna improve my handwritting (something many of you will agree needs to happen). so thank you President Grant. Gonna actually do something about myself for once. 

But life is good. time flies by. its already november, if i was home i would have just finished the Marching band season. so thats wild. its already the second term of school. Christmas is just around the corner. But life is good, the work is good, the spirit is strong and the sun is so hot. I want to send videos but the upload speed makes it imposible, the few pictures ill send have been uploading the whole 15 minutes i've been typing this email. 

kthanksbye

No comments:

Post a Comment