Friday, August 11, 2017

Pap is definitely almost food - August 7, 2017

Pap is still a weird thing to eat, but I'm beginning to like it, which is good. This stuff called Chacalata is like a spicy bean, onion, pepper sauce you put on everything and its way good. (  in the pictures its in the jars, someone gave us a 'take away') Its been a little over 1 month since I left, its gone by pretty fast which is good. 

Something super nice about Africa... Everything is super cheap. I bought a 26 piece Tupperware set, which is halfway decent quality, for 71 Rand, or like $3. you can get a package of 12 'Toppers' a cookie thing similar to Oreo, but I think better, for like 7Rand, like 50c. I'm gonna use my homecard today to buy a nonstick frying pan for myself because the provided pans are a nightmare, ill just take it with me from flat to flat. So the bank is probably gonna freak out. 

I got free weed yesterday. 

Some stoned guy called us over, and we said hi, and he hands me a bag of weed, and says take it for being such good men of God. but as we took it to go dispose of, he was like, no wait it wont get through the airport, so he asked for it back, we gave it to him and then left. So that was funny. 


The Baptism of Beauty Tshepo Lekana went very well. I didn't mess it up or have to do it twice. 

Got a hair cut today, gonna go buy a whole bunch of food today, go to a place called Sacramento Spurs, an ' American Restaurant".

The thing with fries on it is the Kota i talked about last week. Its good. super cheap, like $1 for all that. its big. the size of a half a loaf of bread. 









No comments:

Post a Comment